Turijobs utiliza cookies próprias e de terceiros para melhorar a navegação. Se continua a navegar, considera-se aceite a sua utilização. Pode alterar a configuração do seu navegador e obter mais informações na nossa página informativa sobre cookies.
Onde trabalhará o/a candidato/a? Midlands and East Regions in UK
Marriott International Hotels is recruiting the best talent for several positions in 4 of their hotels located in the Midlands and East Regions in UK. These are 4 and 5-star hotels, with incredible surroundings and high-quality facilities.
In order to join our kitchen staff, we are seeking a passionate Chef de Partie to exceed our guests’ expectations.
As a Chef de Partie, you will need to:
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption.
- Ensure the quality of the food items.
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays. Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
- Monitor stock of kitchen supplies and food to identify needed items and ensure neat and orderly storage, and communicate potential product shortages, or price changes, to supervisor/manager.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist, establishing priority items.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to be part of one of the largest hotel company in the world.
- Permanent contract.
- World class training and development programmes, as well as Management development programmes.
- Fantastic career progression.
- Marriott UK Associate Benefits Programme.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a 2-day recruitment event, which will take place next October in Lisbon, Portugal, where the Marriott HR team will be conducting the final interviews. Attending this event is mandatory for your application to be considered.
- Diploma or degree from accredited university in culinary arts or NVQ or related major.
- At least, 3-year experience in a similar position.
- Full command of English essential in reading and writing.
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
- Innovative and creative in food production.
- Pro-active and reliable.
- Positive attitude.
- Good preparation and co-ordination skills.
- Able to work alone and within a team.